Building Green With North Homes
There are Many Reasons to Consider Building Green
- Where do you see yourself living?
- Creating a healthier living environment for you and your family
- Reducing monthly energy costs
- Tax break incentives
- Meet “green” certification levels
The Reasons for Building Green with North Homes:
- Michael North is a Certified Green Builder
- Energy Star Partner
- Research on options and assistance in determining your return on investment
- Assistance in keeping up to date on green options as they become available and cost effectiveness
- Recycling of construction waste
- Using products that do not put a strain on the environment
- To provide healthy indoor air quality with proper ventilation
Building Green with North Homes Incorporates Considerations for all Aspects of your Home’s Life Cycle
- Lot Selection
- Home Orientation
- Green Products
- Application of Green Construction Practices
- Ongoing Maintenance of a Green Home
Home Certifications Currently Available:
- Energy Star Compliance
- NAHB National Green Building Program
- LEED (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum)
North Homes can help you wade through the myriad of green building opportunities to choose those that matter the most to you. The top 5 most important energy efficiency options are:
High-Efficiency HVAC Equipment
E Glass Windows
Reduced Air Infiltration
Energy- Efficient Appliances
Energy Star Certification
Why Build Green
While Building Green may cost more up front, it reduces your environmental footprint, saves money on utilities, and possibly offers tax credits or deductions. What are important aspects and features to you when building your environmentally friendly custom home?
See the checklist below to help you clarify your green build options
- Solar Panels
- Wind Turbine
- Geothermal Heating & Cooling
- House Wrap (Tyvek)
- Insulation (Spray Foam in all wall cavities)
- SIPS (Structural Insulated Panels)
- ICF (Insulated Concrete Form)
- Manifold Plumbing System
- Low Flow Toilets and other plumbing fixtures
- Water Recycling Pump
- Low-e Windows (.33) Rating Energy Star
- Motion Exhaust Fan
- Occupancy/Motion Sensors
- Automatic Daylight Dimming Controls
- 1.2 GPM Faucet Aerators
- Energy Star Appliances
- Tank Less Water Heater(In- line)
- Solar Water Heating System
- Irrigation Zoned
- Rain Gage
- 17.5 Seer Heat Pumps
- Live Roof
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
- South Facing Windows
- Radiant Floor Heating
- High-Efficiency furnaces
- Doors that are steel or textured Fiberglass that are foam filled
- Appliances that are Enegry Star
- Glue Water Base (No VOC)
- Lock Seal Can Lighting
- Exhaust Fans in Garage & Kitchen
- Exhaust Fans on Motion Detectors
- Direct Vent Fireplaces
- Low VOC Paints and Caulk
- Recovered Air Systems
- Electronic Air Cleaner
- Recycled Products
- Renewable Materials
- Salvaged, Reclaimed, or Refurbished Materials
- Recycled Perimeter Drains
- Local materials
- Local labor
- Construction Debris Recycled
- 2 x 4 headers (Non bearing Walls)
- Pre Cut Floor Systems
- Recycled Drywall
- Built-in Recycling Center
Less maintenance & Durable Products with less impact on the environment
- LP Smart Siding
- Composite Decking
- Cork Flooring
- Leather Floor
- Ceramic or stone flooring
- Bamboo Floor
- LED lights
- CRI Green label certified carpeting
“I would like to begin by saying what extraordinary people Michael and Charlene North are. We started building our home...
Greg and Pam Summers
"Our experience with North Custom Homes was truly second to none! From the inception of the project to the final...
Kim and Rick Hartman
"We couldn’t be happier with North Custom homes. From the moment we walked through the door we felt like...
Stephanie and Greg Watkins
Cole and Cynthia Holloway
“We have never built a home before, and we took our time to interview builders in the Indianapolis area. These are...
Fran and Jim Pedersen
Bernie Kruse COL Retired US Army
"It was nice to find a builder who had the flexibility to work with our plans and the patience to assist us in changing...
Dave and Amy Boggs
Dan & Sara Beauchamp
“When we went looking for a contractor to do our addition, we certainly didn’t expect to run into Michael. I had jokingly...
Betty & Scott Bishop
“I want to thank you for the excellent service that I have received while planning and building my home. Considering that I was in Florida...
Pat & Cheryl Ebaugh
“This is to let you know how much we love our new home. Everything went so smoothly. So much so that we...
John & Luanne Klepfer
“We have built 2 houses with North Homes (2009, 2016). Given our experience the first time, we did not hesitate to...
Johnna and Allen Bridges
“Rick and I could not be more pleased with North Homes. We had checked out several options for a home builder and we...
Rick and Shari Pryor
Pat Alcorn & Tim Russell
Ready To Get Started?
Schedule your Free Consultation Now!